INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans shops and transacts off price inventory.
INTURN is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and proven Business Development leader who has a strong SaaS Enterprise sales background to join our growing team. The VP of BD is pivotal in creating revenue growth for INTURN on a global level overseeing both the US and UK team!
The Vice President of Business Development will initially have the role of ‘player/coach’ and will have responsibility for both closing business and building a sales organization. Reporting to the CRO, the VP will foster a close working relationship with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. This position will manage a Sales team and is responsible for Business Development leaders in their pipeline strategies as well as coaching and professional development. This leader will work collaboratively with other client facing teams to drive engagement. Meeting with C-level and top tier management consultants regarding our business and industry trends will be a regular part of this role. This leader will also be expected to report on department results, and lead by example for the entire Sales team and organization.
The VP of Business Development will be responsible for leading, forecasting and planning, directing, and coordinating all sales activities. The role will involve the following:
- Lead, mentor, coach and guide sales team members
- Accountable for the department objectives and goals
- Partners with the executive team to identify opportunities for sales process improvement
- Deliver an annual Sales Plan and provide quarterly updates, revisions and modifications to the Plan
- Experience with managing complex sales cycle that deeply depend on selling to C and VP level leaders/influencers in large enterprise organizations
- Communicate the sales plan and KPI’s with all of the functional departments of the company
- Build strong customer relationships with existing and future INTURN customers
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics
- Lead by example: Deliver results, motivate and inspire the team
- Develop, and retain exceptional talent, creating a deep bench to ensure the company’s ability to hit targets. Embody and encourage a growth mindset at all levels
- Prospect and close relationships with key target clients
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
Competencies for the role
- Communicating Vision and Purpose: Regularly setting and communicating a clear, big picture vision to help inspire, align, and guide people throughout the organization.
- Support the Team: Staying aware and accessible about the needs of individuals and teams, and being available to offer resources/support when needed.
- Trusting the Team: Allowing leaders and teams sufficient autonomy; not micro-managing.
- 10+ years of sales
- Preferred but not required 5+ years in SaaS/Solution software, b2b marketplaces, inventory management, and or Fintech
- Proven track record in delivering against revenue targets, bringing new business development initiatives to market
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, training and managing high-performance sales organizations
- Experience in coaching and developing a global work remote team
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills:
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to teach or relay a message in three different ways
- Is comfortable with public speaking
- Able to establish excellent relationships and build trust with team members and company customers
- Passion for the company’s mission
- Maturity: provide a good balance of risk-taking and judgment; Is aggressive and confident; Able to operate autonomously
- Must be willing to travel as needed – no travel limitations
- Must be located in New York for the first 12 Months then can relocate
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, commission, bonus, and equity
- Premium Medical, dental, and vision insurance for family
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited sick leave.. Motto #HUMANFIRST
- Paid vacation days: 18
- 401K retirement plan
- Tuesday breakfast, Friday lunches, and fully stocked kitchen #Noms
- Company outings & summer events and more!