INTURN is a B2B marketplace that is changing how the retail sector manages inventory, allowing brands and retailers to buy and sell in seconds. We’re addressing the ignored off-price market by bringing innovation for the first time since Microsoft released Excel. We are a start-up in NYC that is changing the retail industry… and having fun while doing it!
We love finding simple solutions to messy problems. We design big, flexible systems and complicated B2B interactions. Our team is constantly brainstorming on the whiteboard, creating prototypes, designing flows and partnering with engineers. We don’t stop designing when something is launched either. We ship and evolve our product’s experiences and features based on new data and user feedback. This a great place for a designer who thrives on collaboration and complexity.
You’ll collaborate with multiple disciplines (business, engineering, UI) to guide new products and features from research through shipment. You will translate user needs, motivations and behaviors into flows and concepts. And you’ll design experiences and tools that can be launched immediately and scale as the business grows.
Most importantly, you’ll be engaged in the entire process and opportunities for growth are endless.
- You’ll do research and requirements gathering; we work closely with INTURN teammates to conduct user research, gather business requirements, and understand technical complexity
- You’ll design and iterate. We design products and features from concept through in-the-weeds, no-stone-unturned, detailed design.
- You’ll test with users and validate with engineers. You’ll use a full range of methods in your UX toolkit (card sorting, paper prototypes, InVision prototypes, HTML prototypes) to validate design with users and collaborate with engineers.
- You’ll partner with UI designers to create beautiful designs. As a UX/UI partnership, we work to ensure visual and interaction pattern consistency.
- You’ll strategize and prioritize. You’ll work with engineers and business teams to evaluate what is critical to a great design and what can come down the road.
- You will help evolve our design process and grow the team.
- You’ll work with a fun-loving, awesome team.
- We are looking for a UX/product generalist. Someone who is equally comfortable with simple consumer facing products and complex, transactional interfaces.
- At least 5 years experience as a key member of a design team participating in the development life cycle of successfully launched websites and/or products.
- Someone who can dive into a project, gather information and move forward quickly.
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM/Lean-UX environment with rapid validation and iteration cycles.
- Comfortable presenting creative concepts, and working in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven work environment.
- An online portfolio that showcases your level of understanding of user experience and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in design software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, etc.)
- B2B application design experience
- Previous startup experience
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and parental leave package
- 401K retirement plan
- Tuesday breakfast, Friday lunches, and fully stocked kitchen… #noms
- Company outings & summer events