INTURN is the leading global platform that standardizes the way the retail industry plans shops and transacts off price inventory
INTURN’s Brand Marketing and Communications Lead will be responsible for the positioning, brand building and communications of INTURN to the business to business marketplace. This person will have the opportunity to create and shape the marketplace conversation around a topic that is typically not spoken about but is a top priority and problem for brands and retailers. This is an innovative role that is designed for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and spirit.
The Brand Marketing and Communications Lead will be a creative marketer that has a proven expertise developing a brand through earned media, social platforms, speaking opportunities, events and more. They will be imaginative in their approach to the marketplace, broadening INTURN’s reach and awareness and developing new opportunities for INTURN, and its executives, to interact and engage with decision makers and industry leaders. This position is both strategic and hands-on developing the brand and communications strategy as well as implementing it.
It is expected the Brand Marketing and Communications Lead will be an outstanding communicator, evangelizing INTURN’s message both internally as well as externally. This person will be original in their thinking and scientific in their approach. They will have a keen understanding and expertise in breaking down complex business problems and technologies and communicating bold ideas and concepts, in the simplest way, to the business marketplace. It is expected this person have outstanding writing skills as they will be the creator of content for both PR purposes as well as for blog, social posts and other opportunities that this hire conceives or develops on behalf of INTURN.
The Marketing and Communications Lead is a self-starter and doer, leveraging existing assets and talent within the INTURN organization to meet their goals of building and communicating the INTURN brand and solution.
- Develop overall brand and communications strategy on behalf of INTURN
- Develop clear messaging around INTURN’s value proposition and offering, articulating the problem INTURN is solving for and demonstrating the solutions found on the INTURN
- Develop target markets and personas for marketing and communications
- Create a go-to-market plan that is realistic to execute against considering personal bandwidth and resources.
- Develop press and media strategy to showcase INTURN as a thought leader in the business community and to keep INTURN and its executive team top of mind for speaking opportunities, media quotes and more. Scale strategy and plan as business develops and
- Build and maintain relationships with press and media community across multiple sectors that may include SMB, Retail, Finance or other expanding INTURN’s marketplace
- Create and execute against overall content strategy that may include blogging, social media, white papers and
- Update and create any brand collateral that may be needed for sales and marketing
- Write press releases
- Develop events strategy for speaking engagements and sponsorships. Events can include 3rd Party or continuation of INTURN’s Working Capital Summit which was launched in 2018 in partnership with Boston Consulting
- Manage any third party marketing relationships that may include technology vendors, writers, agencies and
- Execute on any additional brand marketing or communication strategies that are personally developed for overall business
- Knowledge and experience leveraging all aspects of traditional and new media for marketing and communications
- Expertise in developing talking points, presentations, press releases and other materials related to marketing communications and messaging.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort speaking on panels and representing brand at industry events and other.
- Experience in Public Relations and writing press releases.
Benefits & Perks
- Personal Development Spend (800/year)
- Wellness stipend including mental and physical health ($150/month)
- Sabbatical (after 4 years you get an additional month off)
- Medical, dental, and vision health care
- Paid Parental leave (12 weeks)
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation days: 18
- Unlimited sick time (Humans First! policy)
- Equity options
- Company outings & summer events
- Friday lunches... #noms